Friday, January 23, 2009

Much has happened this week.

First of all, WE ARE GOING TO MOLDOVA April 21st. The tickets are in our hands. (Actually they are in the safe.) We have been praying about going to Moldova for one year now. Our prayers are a reality, we have the tickets, we are going. It is almost unbelievable. Thank you Lord for allowing this opportunity to leave our country and go serve you, with our friends, in another country.

Secondly, in light of the fact that we are going to Moldova it has been difficult to decide what to do about applying for jobs for me. We need for me to work, but when you apply for a job and go for an interview it is difficult to say, "by the way, I am leaving the country for 3.5 weeks on a missions trip." Well, I have struggled and struggled with how that would work out. I keep applying for jobs. However, there has been only two responses. One was this morning when the census takers called me. I have to go test in February. The other was an immediate response for an interview after I handed my application to the director of a Christian Childcare Center here in Surprise. I applied for a teaching position. The interview was Thursday. I am always nervous when I interview. I had been preparing and praying all morning and the two previous days. I have been asking the Lord to open or close the door according to His will. I want to be where He wants me to be. So, as I headed to the interview I turned on the CD in the van. The song was "God is in Control." I was so blessed by the song all the way to the interview. As soon as I began conversing with the director I relaxed and was myself. The interview went very well. She told me to tell me about myself and I told her about my family and husband and said that we are going on a missions trip for 3 1/2 weeks. The director said, "we understand those things. We support commitments that have to do with church." She said "the world doesn't understand those commitments, but we do." That was refreshing. I had said to several people, ahead of time, that if this job doesn't understand our commitment, no one would. They did and they appreciated that I told them up front. The interview was a good time of conversation between the director, assistant director and myself. I was blessed by the experience. They said I would hear from them by the middle of next week.

Other than that I have almost caught up on the business paper work and done things around the house, read a book, etc. this week.

2 comments:

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Sheryl,

I'm writing to you from my other blog now. Hmmm...who would I want to work for, someone who understands my love for the Lord and would join in with me on counting my many blessings?..or - someone who only wants me to count heads?..you guess who I would pick?! But, the decision is in the Lord's hands, isn't it? (Or, He could have something else completely different in mind!) I'm praying for God's perfect plan for you...What a wonderful God we serve!

Much Love from Kathy

Annie said...

I am sooooooo excited you have a blog!!! I am excited for you going to Moldova. I went to Ukraine for 5 weeks when I was 17 and it was an amazing experience.

Did you know I have a blog too?!

I will be praying for your job search! God knows exactly where He wants you to be and will show you! Love you! :)