Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Life Can Be Challenging

We are half way around the world. When our daughter's have difficulties we can do little from Moldova. However we can pray. Two weeks ago Jennifer found out she doesn't have a contract for next year for her job. In other words, she doesn't have a job. She also needs some expensive dental work done. We have been emailing back and forth. To be honest, her situation shook me up at first. We are not there to help. Emailing has helped and praying has definitely helped.

Then we got an email yesterday that Joy and Tony (our daughter and grandson) were in a car accident in Northern California on Monday. They are both alright. Tony is absolutely fine. Joy is sore and is in some pain. That news shook us both up. I cried for awhile last night even though everything was over and done. I couldn't help it. We worry about our children no matter how old they are. Joy's car was totaled and the "kids" had to go get another one. They took care of it and we were not there if they needed to consult us. I am sure it is a growing experience for them as well as us. We like to be there for our "kids."

Thankfully the Lord is always there for all of us, no matter where we are located. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He doesn't need a plane ticket to come to help us. I am thankful we serve a God who loves us and cares about every detail of our lives. Thank you Lord!

7 comments:

God's Girl said...

Yes... isn't that the truth. God is there no matter where we are!

I'm so glad to hear that Joy and her hubby are OK.

Love to you and Skip!

Julie

Kathy Hall said...

"He doesn't need a plane ticket to come help us." I like that observation. He's behind you and before you, He's with you wherever you go! And with Jen, and Joy, and Tony, and Phil...

Love from Kathy

drea said...

I am so glad to hear that everyone is OK.
We love your updates...can you post some pictures?? Miss you guys, can't wait to hear ALL of the details.

Sheryl said...

Hi Drea,
I cannot post pictures from here. I will have to do that at home. They have dial up computer connection and it will take forever. Plus I cannot be on the line that long. I will do it though.
Love,
Sheryl

Elissa Hill said...

I'm with Overcomer, I love the "He doesn't need a plane ticket to come help us." Pretty awsome.And I'll be praying for safe travels back : ). Thanks for keeping us posted.

RJ said...

Hey Sis wanted you to know that Dean and I have been following the posts, you know that our prayers are with both of you and the girls everyday. The work you two are doing is outstanding. Can't wait to see you again and hear more.


Love you two!

Dean and RJ

Sheryl said...

Thanks RJ. Tell Mom that we are doing well.
Love,
Skip and Sheryl