Monday, February 9, 2009

Romans 12:1&2

I was working on my Bible Study tonight. Alright, yes I am behind, but I am catching up. I was reading Romans 12: 1 & 2 in the NIV. I am very familiar with the verses in the King James but obviously had not read it in the NIV. I know that we are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice but I loved how the NIV stated it. Instead of "this is your reasonable service." It states, "this is your spiritual act of worship." I love that, our spiritual act of worship. That really spoke to me. I think of worship as singing, praising. But I didn't think of presenting my body as a living sacrifice as a spiritual act of worship. Beautiful!

Then verse two says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (ok, I know that) "Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will." We as humans are always asking what God's will is for us. If we are transformed by the renewing of our minds, we should be able to discern God's will. Right? When we are very familiar with one version of the Bible and we read a different version it can give us a fresh perspective. Sometimes being so familiar leads one to not think as deeply about the meaning of those very familiar verses. At least, that is how it is to me. After all, I have only been saved "about 100 years." And, no I never exaggerate either. :-) Now if I get any comments on this blog then I will know that people read it, besides Julie K. Thanks for reading it Julie. I love you friend. :-)

4 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Kathy Hall said...

That passage was the very first one Ben memorized after making his profession of faith ten years ago this summer. Everything about creation was meant to exalt the Lord. Unfortunately sin has flawed that reality. I'm so thankful for His mercy and compassion on me, and I know you are too, for you! The Lord instructs us to pray that His kingdom come. That His will be done, on earth as it always is in heaven. Oh what joy that will be when that day comes! When we no longer drag around these bodies of flesh that battle against what we know He desires of us.

Much love from Kathy

Aimee- said...

Don't you just LOVE this Daniel srudy!?! I have been so blessed by it so far! How are you feeling? Loving the job?

Keep up the posting--I really enjoy reading them.

Thank you for sharing!

Julie said...

Amen, sister. God spoke to me on this exact same verse last week (see my blog for the details).
Thank you for sharing.