Thursday, April 23, 2009

Arrived in Moldova

Hi,
We arrived safely in Moldova after nearly 24 hours of travel. That is, 24 hours from the time we left our house. Everything went very well. There were no glitches in our travel. It was an adventure, especially in Frankfurt. We didn't know where we were supposed to go in the airport, but we figured it out. Then, we met a sweet Moldovan Christian woman in Frankfurt. We traveled with her to Moldova. God provides. Good thing she knew some English. Then she got someone to translate for us. It was a blessing. She said she knew that I was a Christian because my face reflected what was in my heart. Praise be to God! She thanked us for coming to serve the Lord in her country. We could tell people were praying due to the peace we experienced. BTW-We are about 9 hours ahead of Phoenix and CAtime.
Skip is out working and I am going to help Stephanie prepare food to freeze for a group of Americans that are coming in a few weeks.
Thank you for your love and prayers.
TTFN,
Love,
Skip & Sheryl

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Oh good... we are so glad you arrived safetly! I trust that you are feeling pretty good Sheryl. We are praying for you both.

May the Lord use you both in wonderful ways!!!

We love you!

Sheryl said...

Thanks Julie. I am feeling ok. My asthma hasn't been a problem. Praise the Lord. Only 9 more days on prednisone and, Lord willing, I will be off.
Thanks for the prayers.
Love,
Sheryl