Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One week until Moldova

Well, one more week and we will be in the air over the ocean headed for Moldova. It is hard to believe it is almost here. Only 4 more work days until we leave. Only a ton to do before we leave. Every evening we are planning, figuring, talking, preparing, etc. We are researching the dollar exchange for the Euro, the dollar exchange for the Lei. The Lei is the Moldovan currency. We have never traveled out of the country. It is interesting and a bit intimidating. So much to do. Day by day we will get it done. What a trip this will be. We are excited.

I see the doctor Friday regarding the asthma/bronchitis. I am assuming he will let me go. We need the Lord's wisdom to know which medicines and doses to get to keep the issues under control. I am doing what I know how and trusting the Lord for the rest.

We have received unexpected money from unexpected sources this past week. Wow, was that a surprise and a blessing.

I am hoping to update the blog while in Moldova. If that doesn't work I will be emailing Bryan Thiele and he will give updates.

Thanks for the love, support and prayers. Moldova-here we come!

3 comments:

God's Girl said...

WOW! I can hardly believe that you leave in a week. Where does the time go? Sheryl, I am praying for you and your health. Please keep me posted as to what the doctor tells you.

Hey, thanks for all of your help with the kids on Easter. It was a whirl-wind.

I love you both and I will continue to pray for you this week as you prepare for your big trip.

Love you!
Julie

Sheryl said...

Thank you Julie. I really appreciate your love, support and friendship. It means a lot to me and Skip too. I can hardly believe it is almost time to go too. We are looking forward to it. So many details running through my brain.:-)
It was fun helping Sunday. I didn't want to miss serving on Easter Sunday. I loved doing the flannel graph story for the kids. We had 22 and they listened to the story. Yeah! All the helpers helped too. I love working with Ola.
I will let you know what the doctor says.
We love you too and Pastor Todd and Sophie.
Love,
Sheryl

Adam and Laura said...

Here is my 2 cents about foreign currency. Just pull it out of an ATM when you get there. The fee your bank charges, if any, is definitely less than the fee you will pay to exchange cash. Even in the airport.
Hope your brain slows down enough to really take in the process of getting there. That is maybe the most stretching part of the whole missionary thing.