Monday, April 20, 2009

Moldova

Well, we had a wonderful day of worship, teaching and fellowship on Sunday. Our pastor called us up to the front for both services and prayed for our missions trip. That was special! We had so many people hug us and tell us they would be praying for us. That was also very special! Then the prayer team gathered around me and prayed for us. God has provided what we need financially for our trip and while we are gone. We are trusting that He will provide when we come back too. I will go 3-4 weeks without a paycheck when I come back. With Skip's business you never know what work will be there. Trusting, trusting, trusting! He promises to provide our needs! Phil 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
After church we met K.C. and Dustin for lunch. It was nice to catch up to her before our trip. Then we went home and packed and packed and packed. At 5:00pm we went to a picnic, for Sunday school workers. We enjoyed more fellowship, food, hugs and offers of prayer. We got to tell people, in more detail, what we are going to be doing. In case you are wondering. We are going to a camp in Moldova to help prepare the facilities for Bible School, which will be starting in August. They are in the process of laying gas lines to run heat to the dormitories. Skip may be working on that or any number of other projects. I will most likely be helping Stephanie clean, plant or whatever else she needs.
Just in case you are interested, this is the fulfillment of a 30 year dream for Skip and I. We were in the same Sunday School class for two years, but didn't pay much attention to one another. We went on a 3 day short term missions trip to Counselor, New Mexico. WE NOTICED ONE ANOTHER, and a little over a year later we were married. We have always wanted to do short term missions trips. Skip is so talented in so many ways. He can fix anything. He can create beautiful things out of nothing. He can be an asset to missionaries. God can use him and Skip is willing. Now, we have the opportunity. We hope that this is the first of more missions trips to come.
Tomorrow we leave for Moldova. Lord use us as You see fit. We are your vessels. As we travel help us to be available to witness for You. Use us for Your Honor and Glory. Take us safely, and bring us back to our family in the U.S. In Jesus name, Amen.

8 comments:

Kathy Hall said...

Sheryl,

I am sooooo excited for you! I know this has been something you and Skip have desired to do together for a very long time. Nancy, my pastor's wife says often, there is no safer place to be than in the will of God. He has directed you by opening doors, healing your body, your doctor giving you the ok, providing the funds. You have moved forward in faith and obedience. He will bless you and I know He will continue to provide for you and meet your needs. We serve an amazing, kind, and gracious Lord. One of my favorite passages is Psalm 16:8,9a,11b - "I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices...In Thy presence is fullness of joy; In Thy right hand there are pleasures forever."

Here on earth joy enters into us, In heaven, we enter into joy, without intermission.

May you and Skip experience great joy as you move out and serve Him.

Love from Kathy

Sheryl said...

Thanks for the enthusiastic comment Kathy. I appreciate it. We are very excited! Now I have to go to work, then final preparations, sleep, get up and go. It is exciting to see how the Lord prepares us over the years.
Love,
Sheryl

Sheryl said...

I wonder what my dad would have thought about us going. He was so supportive of the Chapman's ministry. I bet he would be excited for us. What do you think Kathy?

KB said...

I am right there with the other Kathy, I am soooo excited for you guys. What an amazing experience you will have. I will look forward to reading all you have to blog about over the next 3 week. (Even bedbugs?!?!--hope not)
Love & prayers, Kathy B.

Kathy Hall said...

Dad would have been thrilled to say the least. And would have wanted to stow away in your luggage!

Kathy Hall said...

Hey Kathy B! How are you?!

Elissa Hill said...

I will be praying for you guys! And I am soo excited for you all. I can't wait to here how God is using you guys there.

Sheryl said...

Thanks Kathy's and Elissa for the enthusiasm and love and prayers. I do think Dad would have been excited too.
It is amazing how when you say you are available, God works out the details. We are blessed to be able to go and serve. Thank you Lord!